- A large bowl or jug used for serving drinks such as tea or punch.More example sentences
- Most of these already hefty meals were ‘washed down’ with jorums of ultra-sweet beverages, notably indigenous preparations of robust viscosity like snowball, or punches made from peanut butter, barbadine, soursop and seamoss.
- It seems ‘a jorum is a chamberpot, in this case used as a mug in drinking healths and toasts.’
- Sitting in what was once a Corsetry Fitting Room, after several jorums, I began to see History with an infinitely greater clarity.
early 18th century: perhaps from Joram (2 Sam. 8:10), who ‘brought with him vessels of silver, and vessels of gold’ to King David.
More definitions of jorumDefinition of jorum in:
- The US English dictionary