The action or practice of driving fast and dangerously in a stolen car for enjoyment: the crackdown on joyriding [as modifier]: a series of joyriding incidents
More example sentences
- Many of the younger criminals have graduated from joyriding and burglary in their teens to crimes such as drug-dealing.
- Residents have complained that the area has become run-down, suffers at the hands of thugs intent on joyriding and burglary.
- As a child and adolescent, he had numerous encounters with law enforcement for joyriding, theft, burglary, fraud, assault and battery.
- Example sentences
- Police on the street would deter burglars and vandals and joyriders.
- Yesterday's conversation was all about hooligans, criminals and joyriders.
- The vehicle was burnt out and the incident has prompted calls for a crackdown on the gangs of youths and joyriders.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: joy|rid¦ing
Definition of joyriding in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.