1The control column of an aircraft.
- The joystick allows the winchman to adjust the position of the aircraft in regard to the rescuees.
- A conventional joystick controls pitch and roll, and the rudder pedals are large and effective.
- It was a tandem-seated airplane with a control wheel up front and a joystick in the back.
1.1A lever that can be moved in several directions to control the movement of an image on a computer or similar display screen.
- Computer games allow joysticks and controllers to change a point of view in response to player actions.
- Everyone who has a computer has a keyboard, but not everyone has a joystick or gamepad.
- I have the option of controlling with keyboard, joystick, mouse, gamepad, or wheel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.