noun (plural judiciaries)(usually the judiciary)
- The judicial authorities of a country; judges collectively: the independence of the judiciary judges were drawn from all the national judiciariesMore example sentences
- Yet geography and professionalization of the judiciary have affected the status of the judges.
- The convention of ministerial responsibility is not enforced by the judiciary.
- In some jurisdictions, the judiciary are provided with the resources to run the courts.
early 19th century: from Latin judiciarius, from judicium 'judgement'.
More definitions of judiciaryDefinition of judiciary in:
- The US English dictionary