noun (plural juga)chiefly Zoology
- 1A connecting ridge or projection, especially on a bone.More example sentences
- Generally, there are large muscle scars, stout dental lamellae, closely coiled, outwardly pointed spiralia, and simple jugum.
- 1.1 Entomology A lobe on the forewing of some moths which interlocks with the hindwing in flight.More example sentences
- A. basidentatus has four marginal pegs on each juga, and the male has a characteristic anterior subbasal tooth on the front tibia, giving this segment a notched appearance on its inner surface.
mid 19th century: from Latin, literally 'yoke'.
More definitions of jugumDefinition of jugum in:
- The US English dictionary