- 1British A knitted garment typically with long sleeves, worn over the upper body.More example sentences
- She was wearing a black jumper, body warmer, black trousers and brown boots with a fur lining.
- Sams wears organic linen shirts and jumpers Fairley has knitted for him from organic wool.
- Terri was very skinny, and invariably wore huge, brightly coloured and loosely knitted jumpers which hung on her (rather aptly) like camouflage netting.
- 3North American A pinafore dress.More example sentences
- I am in a red jumper, white blouse and tights and black Mary Janes with a small scuff on the left toe.
- The plump and harried mother, dressed in a denim jumper, drives a battered Econo-Van with numerous dents.
- She wore a tattered denim jumper and a white shirt that matched the spotted peeling wallpaper, and she knew nothing of wealth.
- 1A person or animal that jumps: the horse should be a better jumper this season other players in the line-out may only move when the jumper has touched the ball an Olympic jumperMore example sentences
- Is the flea the greatest jumper in the animal world, or a skittering frog one of the hot contenders for the swimming title?
- We now love jumping and he's an amazing jumper, galloping and hacking.
- He tells us that the horse is a natural jumper.
- 2 (also jumper wire) A short wire used to shorten an electric circuit or close it temporarily.More example sentences
- I read it wrong and placed the jumper wire in the E and F leads.
- Any problems with the coaxial cable, connectors, jumpers, or the antenna will show up as an abnormality on the display.
- It is software-configurable with no jumpers, and a 12V control switch is provided for flash memory programming.