Definition of junketeer in English:
A person who regularly goes on trips or attends functions at another’s expense, typically for supposed work purposes: the junketeers also charged videos to council credit cards instead of paying for them out of their standard allowances
More example sentences
- In simplest terms, he is a computer security celebrity junketeer, a highly specialized occupation somewhat obscured by an official biography bulging with professional-strength acronyms.
- In this age of thin profit margins and smaller budgets for films, I think the fictitious junketeer could have saved the studios some much earned cash.
- He is the only junketeer on the list.
- 1junketeering noun
- Example sentences
- Some call it journalist junketeering; he says he's providing a service.
- The study established that bipartisanship survives in junketeering.
- Wryly, she addresses the issue of her alleged reluctance to rack up air miles a very different press to what she was getting in her previous job as environment secretary, when she was accused of junketeering.
Definition of junketeer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.