Definition of junketeer in English:
nouninformal , derogatory
A person who regularly goes on trips or attends functions at another’s expense, typically for supposed work purposes: the junketeers also charged videos to council credit cards instead of paying for them out of their standard allowances
More example sentences
- "In one case documented by Variety," Ebert stated, "a publicist wrote up several 'sample' quotes and asked the junketeers to sign up for the ones they liked."
- The conservative movement's think tanks, newspapers, and little magazines are filled with junketeers who have traveled the world on his dime.
- Compare this to junketeers.
- Example sentences
- Some call it journalist junketeering; he says he's providing a service.
- The study established that bipartisanship survives in junketeering.
- Wryly, she addresses the issue of her alleged reluctance to rack up air miles a very different press to what she was getting in her previous job as environment secretary, when she was accused of junketeering.
Definition of junketeer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan