A person who is not a Muslim (used chiefly by Muslims): according to the Koran, the kafir is characterized by his worldliness
More example sentences
- Thus was born Pakistan, whose sole purpose was to create an Islamic nation that would drive out kafirs and follow the Shariat path.
- Some scholars have even declared the Shi'ahs to be kafirs.
- There is, most prominently, the old millennial struggle between Islam and the kafirs.
A member of a people of the Hindu Kush mountains of NE Afghanistan.
- Abdur Rahman extended his authority over the whole country by overcoming resistance from his fellow tribesmen and defeating the Ghilzay Pashtuns, the Hazaras, and the Kafirs (Nuristanis).
- Three language groups have been traditionally included in the Dardic sub-family, namely, Kafir group, Khowar-group, and the Dard - group.
- The Dardic and "Kafir" peoples of Afghanistan are concluded to have a close kinship with the peoples of northern Hindustan.
Kafiri adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Three language groups are included in the Dardic family: the Kafiri Group, the Khowar Group, and the Dard Group.
- The former Kafiristan Kafiri were renamed Nuristani.