noun[mass noun] Medicine
An organic acid extracted from a red alga, used to kill intestinal worms.
- Chemical formula: C10H15NO4
More example sentences
- Our previous studies showed that kainic acid i.p. can induce the increase of lipid peroxide levels in the rat brain and evoke the generation of oxygen free radicals in the peripheral blood.
- Our work supports this latter conclusion as kainic acid is a potent excitor of CPG activity, and d - phase interneuron outputs are blocked by the glutaminergic antagonist CNQX.
- A total synthesis of kainic acid starting from the commercially available 2-azetidinone is described.
Definition of kainic acid in:
- The US English dictionary