- A system of Japanese writing using Chinese characters, used primarily for content words. Compare with kana.More example sentences
- With tens of thousands of Japanese characters - or kanji, based on Chinese ideograms - to choose from, the possibilities would seem limitless.
- Japanese features three reading systems: hiragana, katakana and kanji.
- Written Japanese consists of three types of characters: kanji, hiragana, and katakana.
Japanese, from kan 'Chinese' + ji 'character'.
More definitions of kanjiDefinition of kanji in:
- The US English dictionary