- A small evergreen New Zealand tree with white flowers, yielding useful timber and products used in herbal medicine.
More example sentences
- Leptospermum ericoides, family Myrtaceae
- Under the kanuka trees young kawakawa, titoki and manamana are weaving a bright green cloak for the hills.
- East of the School of Forestry is what Peter terms a West Coast garden with rimu, kanuka, mountain beech, coprosma, nikau, wineberry, native fuchsia, pohutukawa, and ferns.
- To imagine what Hanmer Springs would be like without the forest one could think of the Hanmer Plain as it once was - rather dull with just tussock, kanuka and flax.
early 20th century: from Maori.