noun[mass noun] Biology
- Dissolution of a cell nucleus, especially during mitosis.More example sentences
- Apoptosis in colonic crypt epithelial cells was measured by observing the frequency of karyorrhexis and karyolysis in 1000 cells.
- In contrast, the treated section exhibits uniform, acute necrosis, with pyknotic nuclei, karyolysis and karyorrhexis; mild hemorrhage and significant zones of pigmented cellular debris.
- Frequencies of nuclear abnormalities other than micronuclei, such as binucleates, karyorrhexis and karyolysis, were also evaluated.
More definitions of karyolysisDefinition of karyolysis in:
- The US English dictionary