noun[mass noun] Biology & Medicine
- The determination of a karyotype, e.g. to detect chromosomal abnormalities.More example sentences
- Women's case notes were examined to identify indication for karyotyping, gestation at diagnosis, and outcome of pregnancy.
- Unfortunately, invasive tests required to obtain tissue for fetal karyotyping (chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis) cause loss of the pregnancy in about 1% of cases.
- Both the cases had no consistent abnormality confirmed by genomic karyotyping.
More definitions of karyotypingDefinition of karyotyping in:
- The US English dictionary