- An area of irregular fibrous tissue formed at the site of a scar or injury.More example sentences
- Other non-life threatening complications include pain, keloids, dermoid cysts, introital and vaginal stenosis, neuromas, painful intercourse, and increased infertility rates.
- These complications included keloids, wound dehiscence, incisional hernias, and chronic abscesses at the wound site.
- Clinically, the lesions are papular and may be mistaken for keloids.
mid 19th century: via French from Greek khēlē 'crab's claw' + -oid.
More definitions of keloidDefinition of keloid in:
- The US English dictionary