- A brown plant fibre similar to jute, used to make ropes and coarse cloth.More example sentences
- Many large companies are using kenaf and kenaf / wood blends for annual reports as a way of greening up operations, but it's still a struggle to establish a market for non-wood paper.
- Beyond agricultural waste, hemp, kenaf and other well-known fibers, there are a host of other raw materials that show considerable promise as non-wood resources.
- Both hemp and kenaf offer excellent possibilities for use as a virgin fiber replacement in newsprint, which tends to carry a high recycled content.
late 19th century: from Persian, variant of kanab 'hemp'.
More definitions of kenafDefinition of kenaf in:
- The US English dictionary