Definition of keratinize in English:
Change or become changed into a form containing keratin: [with object]: the products of the epidermal line are ultimately keratinized [no object]: the cells keratinize under oestrogenic action
More example sentences
- Tumors that arise distally below the dentate line are typically keratinizing squamous cell cancers.
- Earliest changes in the hair follicle occur when the follicular canal becomes blocked with abnormally keratinized desquamating cells.
- The stratum corneum, the top layer, is composed of dead keratinized cells.
- Example sentences
- Occasionally, the reactive keratinocytes may show individual keratinization and nonatypical mitosis.
- Two of the subjects had keratinization of the palms, and one had keratinization of the feet.
- Neoplastic cells may be oval, polyhedral, spindle-shaped, or giant, although in an undifferentiated carcinoma they present as small cells without keratinization.
Definition of keratinize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan