Definition of kidult in English:
1An adult with childish tastes.
- No, the awful truth is that we have become a nation of kidults: adults who think, and behave, like children.
- Yes, kidults, because while I don't doubt that these books have their appropriately aged readers, the fact is that what's made them such a publishing sensation are their garnering of much older fans as well.
- But this movie collapses the distinction, suggesting that all thirtysomething women pine to be tweenie kidults.
1.1 [mass noun, often as modifier] A genre of television programmes, films, or games intended to appeal to both children and adults: high-tech kidult entertainment
More example sentences
- The popularity of Harry Potter and the consequent development of the so-called kidult market often leads us to forget that children need and want different things from a film.
- Iorek Byrnison the Bear-King is the real hero of modern kidult fiction.
- It seemed very contrived to go after the kidult audience.
Definition of kidult in:
- US English dictionary