(In a Usenet program) a file into which one may put particular email addresses or keywords, posts from or containing which are then automatically deleted without being displayed.
- Put the troll's name on a kill file to prevent that username from posting anything again.
- Perhaps, however, Alan's call has been heeded and kill files like that are no longer in use?
- So: remember that the Conspiracy is configured to allow readers to exclude particular co-Conspirators, kind of like a killfile on Usenet.
(killfile) [with object] Place (something) in a kill file.
- For instance, if you choose to killfile someone, you needn't post a daily reminder that killfiles are great because you don't see so-and-so's posts anymore.
- I have killfiled everyone! Including myself!
- Is being killfiled the email equivalent of being nuked or being threatened with germ warfare?
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: kill file
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.