- A furnace or oven for burning, baking, or drying, especially one for calcining lime or firing pottery.More example sentences
- Photographs of winding towers and cooling towers, of silos, lime kilns and blast furnaces, of coal bunkers and gravel plants.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- In 1987, excavations in the Calle Pureza in Triana, the pottery district of Seville, brought to light a collapsed kiln full of pottery wasters.
Old English cylene, from Latin culina 'kitchen, cooking stove'.
More definitions of kilnDefinition of kiln in:
- The US English dictionary