- 1The quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate: he thanked them for their kindness and supportMore example sentences
kindliness, kind-heartedness, warm-heartedness, tender-heartedness, goodwill, affectionateness, affection, warmth, gentleness, tenderness, concern, care; consideration, considerateness, helpfulness, thoughtfulness, unselfishness, selflessness, altruism, compassion, sympathy, understanding, big-heartedness, benevolence, benignity, friendliness, neighbourliness, hospitality, amiability, courteousness, public-spiritedness; generosity, magnanimity, indulgence, patience, tolerance, charitableness, graciousness, lenience, humaneness, mercifulnessBritish • informal decency• literary bounteousness
- A special thank you to neighbors and friends for their kindness, support and help.
- Thank you to the Counsells and Beardsleys for their kindness and generosity and hospitality.
- The couple say they have been left speechless by the kindness and generosity of friends and neighbours.
- 1.1 [count noun] A kind act: it would be a kindness on your part to invite herMore example sentences
- I don't know exactly what my father hoped to accomplish by denying us this most basic of human kindnesses.
- I grew to love and respect Xavier, who showed me many small kindnesses like tying my shoe-laces, wiping my nose or offering me the odd sweet.
- And so, rather than make a simple barter or exchange between two people, we'd be part of a chain of kindnesses, passed on from one person to another, and that chain would be unbroken as long as people just kept doing it.