A steep-sided, wooded ravine or valley.
- One can only marvel at the vision of Andrew Geddes Bain, South Africa's famous pioneer road builder, who laid out the road that threads its way through the kloof well over more than a century ago.
- They were, in fact, driven back up the kloof by the swarm, and one of them was badly stung.
verb[no object] (usually as noun kloofing)
Explore kloofs as a sport.
- The disciplines in the race include hiking, running, kloofing, tubing, cycling, swimming and a few surprises.
- The physically fit and adventure loving usually take the long route by ‘kloofing’ down the river.
- Some of the best rock-climbing can be done, there is mountain biking, kloofing and hiking.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: kloof
Definition of kloof in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.