Definition of knowledge-based in English:
1Founded on an accumulation of facts or information: a knowledge-based economy knowledge-based technical capabilities
More example sentences
- There is currently a paradigm shift in the tourism industry from a labour-intensive sector to a knowledge-based industry.
- Their real future test will be how well they emphasize knowledge-based jobs.
- Discussion centred mainly on the need to establish more knowledge-based employment, rather than assembly-line jobs in Ireland.
1.1(Of a computer system) incorporating an underlying set of facts, assumptions, and rules.
- He has conducted research in knowledge-based systems, qualitative modeling, intelligent robotics, and computer chess.
- Therefore, they are not suitable for the development of systems whose interactions should be knowledge-based.
- The system provides knowledge-based information for healthcare, safety, and the environment.
Definition of knowledge-based in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan