Intelligent and well informed: she is very knowledgeable about livestock and pedigrees
More example sentences
- What this goes to show is how very little most people, even intelligent and knowledgable people, know about language.
- If you need help with your resumé we have friendly knowledgeable staff available to assist.
- All in all, this was a meal to savour, and one delivered by efficient and knowledgeable waiting staff.
well informed, informed, learned, with great knowledge, well read, well educated, educated, widely read, erudite, scholarly, cultured, cultivated, enlightened, aware
acquainted with, familiar with, with a knowledge of, with an understanding of, conversant with, au courant with, au fait with;
skilled, expert, competent, proficient;
up on, up to date with, abreast of, at home with, no stranger to;
experienced in, practised in, well versed in, seasoned
informal clued up about, genned up about, plugged into
British informal switched on to
- Example sentences
- This attitude is no longer relevant in a world in which knowledgeability, quality and design are pivotal to success or failure.
- What matters most and where institutions are performing best is in the quality of instruction and in faculty knowledgeability.
- Not to hold myself up as some paragon of knowledgeability, but over the past 40 years I have used virtually every major camera on the market, and during the past 15 years have tested literally scores of them for print and online reviews.
- Example sentences
- Harry retained his love for and knowledge of music, particularly opera, into his latter years and could discourse knowledgeably on great musical works and famous singers of the 20th century.
- It's one thing to be able to carry on a simple conversation with a limited vocabulary, and quite another to talk and express oneself knowledgeably in the language.
- He also wrote knowledgeably about New York, Philadelphia and Hollywood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.