noun (plural same or kolkhozes or kolkhozy)
- A collective farm in the former Soviet Union.More example sentences
- Growing up on a kolkhoz, he had been doing a man's work since the age of twelve.
- Together they worked on a kolkhoz.
- The relatively large scale of the kolkhozy was also consistent with Marxist beliefs in the existence of economies of scale in agriculture and in the desirability of mechanization.
1920s: Russian, from kol(lektivnoe) khoz(yaĭstvo) 'collective farm'.
More definitions of kolkhozDefinition of kolkhoz in:
- The US English dictionary