- The chemical element of atomic number 36, a member of the noble gas series. It is obtained by distillation of liquid air, and is used in some kinds of electric light. (Symbol: Kr)More example sentences
- Consider windows that fill that space with gases like argon, krypton, or a mix of the two.
- However, some windows use argon or krypton in this space to improve thermal performance.
- Sometimes a mixture of krypton and argon are used instead of the mercury.
late 19th century: from Greek krupton, neuter of kruptos 'hidden'.
More definitions of kryptonDefinition of krypton in:
- The US English dictionary