noun[mass noun] Statistics
- The sharpness of the peak of a frequency-distribution curve.More example sentences
- Skewness was not detected in these distributions, but kurtosis was in two of them.
- The kurtosis of the movement distributions was also estimated for each species.
- Data were tested for normality using normal probability plots and tests of skewness and kurtosis.
early 20th century: from Greek kurtōsis 'a bulging', from kurtos 'bulging, convex'.
More definitions of kurtosisDefinition of kurtosis in:
- The US English dictionary