- (Especially in Russia) a fermented drink, low in alcohol, made from rye flour or bread with malt.More example sentences
- The making of beer, black bread, and the alcoholic drink kvass were traditionally linked in Russia.
- Alcoholic drinks such as vodka or kvass (made from rye) are customarily served during a formal meal.
- Old-fashioned ginger ale and root beer were lacto-fermented, as is the Russian drink kvass, and kombucha.
from Russian kvas.
More definitions of kvassDefinition of kvass in:
- The US English dictionary