noun[mass noun] North American • informal
- 1.1A fanciful state or dreamworld: he looks like he’s in la-la land the whole timeMore example sentences
- But anyone who thinks those words are evidence that he was somehow enamoured of the regime is living in la-la land.
- And anyone who thinks that research can or will be done elsewhere is living in la-la land.
- I stayed with him as they put the little cone over his nose to send him to kitty la-la land and all was well.
la-la, reduplication of LA (i.e. Los Angeles).
More definitions of la-la landDefinition of la-la land in:
- The US English dictionary