- (Of a sound) made with the lips and teeth, for example f and v.More example sentences
- There is a small error in the New York Times article on the addition of a symbol for the labiodental flap to the International Phonetic Alphabet that Geoff mentioned: the bilabial trill does not still await its day.
- ‘None of this is true about labiodental flaps,’ Dr. Ladefoged said in an e-mail message.
- The labiodental flap is described this way: ‘a buzz sometimes capped by a faint pop.’
More definitions of labiodentalDefinition of labiodental in:
- The US English dictionary