noun (plural labia /-bɪə/)
- 1 Entomology A fused mouthpart which forms the floor of the mouth of an insect.More example sentences
- Biplica, in addition, lacks the strongly tubercled and denticulate labium of Eriptycha.
- Insects close off the posterior of the mouth with a second ‘lip,’ the labium.
- Several groups developed active predatory larvae, still showing the spoon-shaped labium.
late 16th century (in the general sense 'lip, lip-like structure'): from Latin, 'lip'; related to labrum.
More definitions of labiumDefinition of labium in:
- The US English dictionary