- 1 [mass noun] The laced fastening of a shoe or garment: they struggled with each other’s clothing, tearing at the lacing (lacings) the elaborate lacings of his shirtMore example sentences
- In addition, it makes the corset look ‘finished’ when the lacings are not totally closed.
- Because the lacings had been moved to either the back or front, a stomacher was worn to hide them.
- Also, corsets with side lacings can be more readily adjusted for a custom fit than can corsets with just one adjustment point in the back.
- 2Lace trimming, especially on a uniform.More example sentences
- Her face was bathed in dappled sunlight through the lacing of the parasol.
More definitions of lacingDefinition of lacing in:
- The US English dictionary