Definition of lactescent in English:
1Milky in appearance.
- When the crystallization has terminated, the autoclave is cooled and a lactescent suspension is discharged.
- In the file sheet 1, a plurality of square recesses 4, which serve as portions for receiving films, are arrayed in a transparent or lactescent planar square plastic sheet 3.
- Just looking at the lactescent SavMart or the uninhabited appearance of Sy's apartment is enough to make you feel hollow inside.
Mid 17th century: from Latin lactescent- 'being milky', from the verb lactere, from lac, lact- 'milk'.
- Example sentences
- In fact, patients with severe nephrotic syndrome exhibited lactescence of the serum.
- To produce lactescence it is necessary for fat to be emulsified into chylomicra greater than 0.1 in diameter to be rendered visible.
- It could be observed whether bilirubin, haemoglobin or lactescence of the samples interfere with the measurement procedure.
Words that rhyme with lactescentacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, quiescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
Definition of lactescent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan