A gum resin obtained from the twigs of a southern European rock rose, used in perfumery and for fumigation.
- The rock rose is usually Cistus ladanifer, family Cistaceae
More example sentences
- It's a full-bodied, grown-up, proper ladies' fragrance that's a quiet storm of spices and resins, with notes of amber, patchouli, sandalwood, labdanum and benzoin.
- The base is: green, tea, mate, galbanum, labdanum, tree-moss, patchouli, vetiver, aromatic woods, and hints of powder and gentle spices.
- The woody hay backnotes were provided by burning a blend I had made that included synthetic deertongue oil, cedarwood and assorted warm notes like cistus labdanum and helichrysium.
Definition of ladanum in:
- The US English dictionary