An orchid of north temperate regions, the flower of which has a conspicuous pouch- or slipper-shaped lip. Also called slipper orchid.
- Genus Cypripedium, family Orchidaceae
More example sentences
- The North American pink lady's slipper orchid flowers during the springtime flight of the queen bumblebee.
- Among the natural wonders that should be protected are stag beetles, and ramshorn snails; habitats including salt meadows and oak woods; and rare plants such as the lady's slipper orchid.
- In early spring, the park is blanketed with wildflowers, including violets, may apples, spring beauties, and lady's slipper orchids.
Definition of lady's slipper in:
- The US English dictionary