noun (plural lakhs, same)Indian
- A hundred thousand: they fixed the price at five lakhs of rupeesMore example sentences
- If you calculate the whole thing then this graft works out to thousands and lakhs of rupees.
- This minor aberration had made Kachori richer by a few hundred lakhs.
- Two hundred lakhs have been given to Kandy and two hundred and fifty lakhs to develop Kalutara and Ratnapura.
via Hindi from Sanskrit lakṣa.
More definitions of lakhDefinition of lakh in:
- The US English dictionary