The light cast from a lamp: he was working in the stables by lamplight
More example sentences
- She was gone, melted into the dark shadows of the night outside the dim circle of lamplight.
- And the art, hung here and there and lit in one case by lamplight, was a hodgepodge of styles.
- The lamplight cast gentle shadows, and on the carpeted floor Ben's feet made no sound at all.
- More example sentences
- To the west the ornamental gardens complete with boating lake, all encircled by a lamplit carriage drive.
- Seen from above, the horizon dissolves as the lamplit sea and starlit sky shimmer into one.
- She walked between them down one lamplit corridor after another.
Definition of lamplight in:
- The US English dictionary