- (Especially of an agricultural worker) owning no land: much of the rural population of Chile is landless and poverty-stricken the landless peasants were almost entirely dependent on wages for their livelihood (as plural noun the landless) the government pledged to help the landless and the poorMore example sentences
- With a large population of landless agricultural workers, the pressure on land is enormous.
- Debt-driven small farmers and landless workers have left this district in larger numbers this season.
- The rural poor, especially landless labourers will take a hit five ways, at least.
- More example sentences
- But with poverty and landlessness forcing many villagers and internal refugees elsewhere in Cambodia to move back into mined areas, the need for clearance teams has seldom been stronger.
- Therefore, increasing landlessness (even in terms of occupancy holdings) of the rural population may also lead to less employment generation in agriculture.
- Displacement of families owing to development projects, unemployment and landlessness force the migrant to sell his child for labour.
More definitions of landlessDefinition of landless in:
- The US English dictionary