Inflammation of the larynx, typically resulting in huskiness or loss of the voice, harsh breathing, and a painful cough.
- It can cause a variety of problems, including pneumonia, pharyngitis, laryngitis, ear infections, and a prolonged cough.
- An early report in the Journal of the American Medical Association recommended diamorphine for the treatment of bronchitis, pneumonia, whooping cough, laryngitis, and hay fever.
- They are responsible not just for coughing and sniffling, but also for sore throat, croup, pharyngitis, laryngitis and bronchitis.
- Example sentences
- Bastari emerged from its fusty bin-bag wheezing like a 40-a-day man, and a squeeze of its bellows revealed a strange and alarming laryngitic condition.
- This light-hearted laryngitic theme continues throughout the ad.
Words that rhyme with laryngitisappendicitis, arthritis, bronchitis, cellulitis, colitis, conjunctivitis, cystitis, dermatitis, encephalitis, gastroenteritis, gingivitis, hepatitis, lymphangitis, meningitis, nephritis, neuritis, osteoarthritis, pericarditis, peritonitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: laryn|gi¦tis
Definition of laryngitis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.