1Pasta in the form of sheets or wide strips.
- Be that as it may, the importance of macaroni was such that for a long time, in both Italian and English, the name could be used as a generic one for pasta (excluding only sheet pasta such as lasagne and filled pasta such as ravioli).
- The pastas include lasagne, spaghetti, tagliatelle, macaroni, tortellini and capellini, so you're not going to get much more Italian than that!
- All sorts of pasta can be used, from thin sheets of lasagne to stubby penne or rigatoni.
1.1An Italian dish consisting of lasagne baked with meat or vegetables and a cheese sauce.
- As well as the pasta dishes, which included chicken Napolitana (breaded chicken breast with pasta and Napolitana sauce), both meat and vegetarian lasagnes and spaghetti carbonara, there were 39 different pizzas to choose from.
- When my dad said that microwaveable lasagnes were all sauce so you couldn't taste the poor meat, his home-cured bacon and eggs suddenly seemed like the forces of conservatism on a plate.
- It is a very varied diet too, we eat all sorts - vegetarian spaghetti bolognese, vegetarian curry in Korma sauce, veggie lasagne, veggie pie, veggie pasta bake, etc.
Italian, plural of lasagna, based on Latin lasanum 'chamber pot', perhaps also 'cooking pot'.
Words that rhyme with lasagneBritannia
Definition of lasagne in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.