- The trumpet blast that in some religious beliefs is thought will wake the dead on Judgement Day.More example sentences
- Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- Let the last trump sound when it will, I shall come forward with this work in my hand, to present myself before my Sovereign Judge, and proclaim aloud: ‘… I have bared my secret soul as Thou thyself hast seen it, Eternal Being.’
- ‘When the angel Gabriel sounds the last trump of God,’ he boldly prophesied, ‘then, and not before, will slavery be abolished south of Mason and Dixon's line!’
More definitions of last trumpDefinition of last trump in:
- The US English dictionary