Enduring or able to endure over a long period of time: they left a lasting impression a lasting, happy marriage
More example sentences
- Their number has grown considerably; yet few have been able to leave a lasting impression on listeners.
- He was not able to establish a lasting dialogue with the United States at that point, however.
- The shallow walls, deep reefs and colourful coral gardens that lie beyond its never-ending coastline leave a lasting impression on the most experienced of divers.
enduring, long-lasting, long-lived, lifelong, abiding, continuing, remaining, long-term, surviving, persisting, permanent, deep-rooted, indelible, ingrained;
unchanging, never-changing, irreversible, immutable, eternal, undying, everlasting, perennial, perpetual, unending, never-ending, endless, immortal, imperishable, unfading, changeless, indestructible, ceaseless, unceasing, unwavering, unfaltering, non-stop, steady, steadfast, uninterrupted, unbroken, interminable;
- Example sentences
- After three years immersed in Scottish politics and policy, firstly as a government adviser and latterly, and more lastingly, as a commentator, I am returning to London next week to work as a political adviser to the Prime Minister.
- At the time, when something of which you had hope is thus disintegrating, there's not much to do except hang on to your vestigial self and hope not to be made too lastingly cynical by the process.
- Conventions are all about giving a boost to the candidate - preferably one that lastingly rallies credibility and a sense of presidentiality to his banner.
- Example sentences
- The inevitable chrysanthemum puns on the themes of lastingness and perpetuation reinforced and popularized this symbolism.
- The book allows the reader to participate in his search and offers a vision of lastingness and perseverance.
- The makeup of the core will determine the friendliness, effectiveness and lastingness of the group.
Words that rhyme with lastingeverlasting, fasting
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: last|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.