- A narrow thong or lace for fastening a shoe or sandal.More example sentences
- The cover with mock latchet and ring finial and the two-stepped, angular handles on the body are popular features on pieces from 1800 onwards.
- The shoes lose their fit and the latchets soon have to replaced by a cobbled-in bit of scrap leather.
- Another method of fastening shoes involved using ribbon or tapes to secure latchets which are folded over.
late Middle English: from Old French lachet, variant of lacet, from laz 'lace'.
More definitions of latchetDefinition of latchet in:
- The US English dictionary