Definition of lateral thinking in English:
noun[mass noun] chiefly British
The solving of problems by an indirect and creative approach, typically through viewing the problem in a new and unusual light. Contrasted with vertical thinking.
- It allows creative, lateral thinking, basically silly, saying the first thing that comes into your head, no great depth.
- Even better, the service was developed using just creative and lateral thinking without any extra funding.
- They also underline the creative and lateral thinking which helps to make us market leaders.
lateral thinker noun
- Example sentences
- But my biggest problem looks like being the determination of rock's favourite lateral thinker never to repeat himself.
- I'm a bit of a lateral thinker and can be talking about the price of butter one minute and combine harvesters the next.
- And it doesn't create the kind of rounded characters that make innovative, lateral thinkers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan