noun[mass noun] • formal
- Praise; commendation: he was singled out for laudation [count noun]: laudations of her beautyMore example sentences
- Tea and supper were provided and all were loud in their laudations at the many good things on the tables before them.
- The tree has seeds with holes, which have been used by visitors to make ‘tasbih,’ a string of 100 beads to recite laudations to God.
- The historical background of such orations dates back to the laudation orations of classical times.
late Middle English: from Latin laudatio(n-), from the verb laudare (see laud).
More definitions of laudationDefinition of laudation in:
- The US English dictionary