Definition of laughable in English:
So ludicrous as to be amusing: if it didn’t make me so angry it would be laughable
More example sentences
- This I regard as quite ludicrous, and factually so removed from reality as be laughable.
- The idea that Liz wanted to pick a fight with her family was almost laughable if not insane.
- While it is not out of the question to golf year round in Vancouver, it is a laughable notion in Saskatchewan.
foolish, silly, idiotic, daft, stupid, nonsensical, senseless, asinine, fatuous, crazy, insane, hare-brained, scatterbrained, outrageous
amusing, funny, humorous, hilarious, uproarious, comical, comic, entertaining, diverting, farcical, droll, side-splitting
- [as submodifier]: his antics were laughably pretentiousMore example sentences
- You have to know that your story is entirely implausible and laughably absurd, but not care for one second.
- If the racists who trash Maori and Polynesians were not so offensive and dangerous, they'd be laughably ridiculous.
- He had a ridiculous fake tan - quite laughably fake, in fact - which made me wonder this: why bother?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan