Definition of lawbreaker in English:
A person who breaks the law.
- They're being criminalized and treated as lawbreakers.
- The essential arguments are that nothing in the policy excludes these cases and that to exclude them puts lawbreakers in a better position than entrants who declare themselves.
- ‘If the Government becomes a lawbreaker,’ he wrote, ‘it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.’
Law malfeasant, infractor
lawbreaking noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- So, the Republicans will change the law to either politicize the prosecutor's office or retroactively legitimize past lawbreaking, and then proclaim themselves clean.
- But the prevalence of cultural relativism must take some blame too: For some, a culture of lawbreaking is just as valid as a culture of obedience to the law.
- If we go back to the case of massive resistance to desegregation, we have another example of federal lawbreaking assisted by state officials.