Definition of lawmaker in English:
A legislator: the game’s official lawmakers are preparing the new legislation
More example sentences
- He is expected to meet with French lawmakers and senior Foreign Ministry officials Tuesday.
- The Magna Carta does not, as I understand it, curtail the sovereignty of the proper lawmaker to make what laws seem fit to him.
- There are a total of nine independent lawmakers in the current legislature.
lawmaking adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- No doubt the Legislature can overrule the Judiciary by its law-making power but can the Executive do so, through an Ordinance?
- There may be another advantage, that it is the only conceivable or arguable source of valid law-making power.
- The House is scheduled this year to deliberate 55 bills included in the National Legislation Program, which is a reference for legislators in the law-making process.
Definition of lawmaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan