- Make an accusation: we could lay a charge of gross negligenceMore example sentences
- I didn't think they had sufficient evidence to lay a charge, let alone obtain a conviction and that view hasn't changed after what I've seen today.
- Yet the Children's Bill says ‘a male child that was subjected to circumcision against his will may lay a charge of assault’.
- I told him I wanted to lay a charge of assault, and he told me he had two witnesses who would say I had assaulted him.
More definitions of lay a chargeDefinition of lay a charge in:
- The US English dictionary