- An event, point, or sequence that leads up to something else: the lead-up to the electionsMore example sentences
- Throughout the lead-up to the event the different managers and the amounts pledged for each will be displayed in store.
- Everything has gone quiet in the lead-up to the federal election but, once the poll is over, expect the talk to begin again.
- And all this action was taking place in the lead-up to the last election.
More definitions of lead-upDefinition of lead-up in:
- The US English dictionary