- 1(Of windowpanes or a roof) framed, covered, or weighted with lead: Georgian-style leaded windowsMore example sentences
- The firefighters pulled heavy stone tiles from both roofs and smashed leaded windows to reach the flames, but a partial collapse of the first floor of the burning cottage meant they were unable to get into the building.
- After that there is a glittering world of multiple bays, arched windows, leaded panes, finials and cresting to explore, but bear in mind that increased bespoke detail will radically alter a baseline price for a standard design.
- The lack of internal shutters suggests that there may have been leaded casement windows before the double-hung windows were installed.
- 2(Of petrol) containing tetraethyl lead: leaded fuelMore example sentences
- Of these, 99.9 percent are powered by leaded gasoline and diesel fuel.
- A recent study released by the Russian government proposes measures to reduce the production of leaded petrol.
- The other exceptions to the rule are that motor sports for marine and cars and motorbikes are all permitted to use leaded petrol, because it's the high octane racing fuel that's used.
More definitions of leadedDefinition of leaded in:
- The US English dictionary